We are happy to introduce the latest addition to the Savox Promate product family. The all new The Savox Promate BT COM is a new and unique type of product, in the line of POC audio accessories. Freedom of movement, long working hours, broad headset and earpiece support are just a few of the important end user requirements that have been incorporated in this new sleek PoC audio accessory. Read more to find out how this new product can bring efficiency to your operations.
One of the most important feedback points we gathered from our push over cellular customers was that there is a need for a very versatile wireless audio accessory device. So, we accepted the challenge and created an extremely versatile product. Today we introduce a product with the following capabilities:
- Bluetooth wireless connection to your professional LTE, PoC, smartphone or tablet unit
- On/Off button, can be operated even with gloved hands
- Volume control up/down for comfortable personal audio loudness preference
- Push-to-talk button(s), for simple operation
- Full duplex call answer and release function, allowing instant response
- Integrated microphone, for use with simple earpiece
- Rugged headset connector, allows both normal 3,5mm earpiece and headset connectors but also the new rugged and secured 3,5mm from Savox.
- Clothing Clip, for secure fastening to your work uniform or overall
- Optional Emergency button, for increased worker safety, available on compatible Push to Talk applications (*Check compatibility with your PTT application)
- Micro USB charging
2. Size (Matters!)
The second strong user feedback we collected was concerning size. We think that combining function and size and then finding the right balance between these two, is crucial for the user experience.
The new Promate BT-COM product is small (~60*30* 15mm or 2,36*1,18*0,59inches), still designed to be used with both bare hands as well as with gloves. Considering the small size and weight (just 28g or 0,9ounces) of the unit we provide a long duty cycle for the product (~30hours, depending on your use cycle).
The third feedback point we have focused on is the ruggedness and robustness of the device. Choosing and verifying plastic and rubber materials which will withstand the heat and cold, cleaning detergents and humidity changes in the working environment that you are in has been a core part of this product development effort.
With the ingress protection level of IP55 for dust and water intrusion the BT-com is well suited for as well indoor as outdoor use in a complete downpour
4. Three different use cases in one product
You can choose to use the BT-COM in either of the following operational modes:
- As a Push-to-talk button for the headset connected to the BT-COM
- As a Push-to-talk button and microphone for your simple earpiece connected to the BT-COM
- Or just as a simple BT PTT button for the wired headset connected to to your professional LTE, PoC, smartphone or tablet unit