Cheap, knock-off products have been readily available in many industries including fashion, clothing and jewelry. But did you know that look-alike (and even counterfeit) bone conduction headsets are also making their way into the market?
Savox means quality.
First, and of primary importance, is that using cheap imitation headsets pose unnecessary risks to personnel wearing these headsets. Lives lost, personal safety at risk, time and money wasted with inferior products are not acceptable.
We stand by our reputation and the products we develop.
Secondly, for more than 25 years Savox has worked to build a solid and reliable reputation for manufacturing quality headsets designed to withstand harsh field environments. We have invested heavily in product development based upon end-user feedback and changing market conditions; we have a rigorous quality assurance program; and we provide support and service when required so that our customers can get at least five, if not 10, years of service out of our headsets. In sum, we stand by our reputation and our products that we develop.
Which bone conduction headsets are we talking about?
||Knock-offs of the Savox Classic series of the HC-1 are making their way into both the North American and European markets. As imitation products, Savox cannot support nor warrant the functionality of these in combination with our Classic range of push-to-talk (PTT) or remote speaker microphone (RSM) units.|
How to Ensure You’ve Got a Genuine Savox Headset (HC-1 Bone Conductive)
Ensure the Savox logo appears on the product located at the back of the speaker on the cable.
- Look at the shape of the strap and arm assembly. The Savox Classic HC-1 has a clearly visible curved shape, even after long use in the field.
- Make sure that the connector has “bend-relief” for easing the strain on the cable.
- The Savox Classic HC-1 has small markings on various parts of the product for compliance and traceability. These markings include product part number, description, and serial numbers including: manufacturing plant, year of product, week of product, running weekly serial number.
- Ensure the headset has a metal strain relief securing the microphone cable to the microphone housing.
- Measure the microphone cable. The Savox Classic HC-1 has a 2.8mm flame resistant cable.
Savox is the market leader in radio accessory manufacture, and we want to ensure that our customers get the real, genuine Savox product backed by our leading technology development, rigorous manufacturing and testing processes, and world-class service and support.
What To Do If You Have a Knock-off Headset
If you find yourself with an imitation product and want a genuine Savox headset, contact our sales group immediately and we can make special arrangements for you to receive a safe and reliable Savox headset.